Things are starting ro run into each other . Got the engine block and head back from machine shop , waiting on the crank . pieces in waiting . Running out of room in the Shop ! Adding to the mess I've got the body in where I applied the 1st coat of Lizard skin sound control to be followed up with heat insulator . Hardest part just prepping taping and such . Initial impressions are positive . Definitly has deaden the sound of the tub .
Lot's of progress this week ! Getting the rear spring fitted was a major accomplishment . Got to sit thru the rebuild of the tranny . It was in overall good shape but a couple bearings were replaced as borderline . Got the motor apart and to the machine shop for cleaning and inspection . The crankshaft will have to be turned , have to see how the bore cleans up .
I bought this car from a good friend that had brought the car from Arizona . This has been a bit of a blessing for lack of rust . Unfortunatally , Dave won't be able to see the completion as he passed away . The car will be named in his honor , but haven't decided between ; Dave ( "Dave's not here !" or his handle " The Road dog " ( which he was ) . Maybe too much info .
A couple before / after pics . I started the project in November of 2009 where it sat in pieces until now .
Got the rear spring spacer ( Thanks Ted / Fastcars.com ) working on the frontend piecing back together . All new bushings , tierod ends , ball joints , steering gear boots , lots of putzin stuff / Had to take an inspirational pic . Still lots of work . Caliper rebuild , bearings get the rotors/drums turned , etc . Work on the rear axles tomorrow . Hope to get it on wheels this week .
Seems i'm going to have to get creative getting the rear suspension back together . Will have to fab spring lever tool to assist getting the lower control arms in place . With the bare chassis could be a trick . I might have a plan . Have to order bushings . Make a note .